Are you thinking about having Ace install a new furnace before colder weather arrives? If so, you might want to at least consider getting a ductless heating and cooling system. In this blog, we’ll provide you with some information about these systems, so that you can make an informed decision about which one to upgrade to.
If you’re in Lake Charles, Sulphur, or surrounding communities, contact Ace for all your heating needs. Our experienced and friendly technicians are ready to help!
What is ductless heating, and what makes it different?
A ductless system has both an outdoor unit and an indoor unit, connected by a thin line. You can have multiple indoor systems all connected to one outdoor compressor.
For heating, the heat is distributed through the indoor unit(s) directly to the rooms. These systems are typically wall-mounted. As you can imagine given the name, no ducts are used to transport heated or cooled air.
Here’s an advantage: You can control the temperature of individual rooms with a ductless heating system, since each room has its own system. Thanks to this, ductless heaters offer more control over room temperature.
Further, that type of precise control helps you cut down on your monthly energy bills—all year. That’s because only selectively cooling / heating rooms as needed is more energy-efficient than pumping your entire home full of cooled or heated air via ducts.
No need for ducts
Of course, there’s another reason that ductless systems are popular: for homes without existing ductwork, ductless heating is cost-effective, since the cost of even multiple units is far less than the renovation work needed to put in air ducts. Especially for historic homes, which might lose value through such destructive remodeling.
Which is better? Ductless or standard heating?
That depends on your home, whether you have ducts, and a number of other factors. The best place to start? Call your local HVAC specialists for a free in-home estimate on a new system. That’s what Ace offers, and our technicians help people here in Lake Charles, Sulphur, and surrounding communities get the heating or cooling system that’s right for them.
The case for ductless heating
You should select a ductless air conditioner if:
- You want to set individual temperature in each room.
- There is no room for ducts inside the house.
- You want to add a heating device to new space in the home, such as the garage. In such a case, a ductless heater will be less costly.
- You want improved air quality. Ducts can harbor dust and mildew decreasing the air quality.
The case for standard heating
On the other hand, a standard heating system might be a better option if the following applies to you:
- Humidity is a problem. Standard systems are better in removing humidity from the room.
- The room has existing ducts that are in good condition. In such a case, it might be less costly for you to install a new standard heating.
- You want improved air circulation. Ducted heaters are better in circulating the air. As a result, there is an issue of stagnant air or low air pressure.
It’s important that you consider your budget and heating requirements before selecting a heater. That’s why you should always start your shopping by calling our team for a free in-home quote.
Call Ace to learn more about ductless heating systems
For experienced help in heating installation, you should contact us at Ace Air Conditioning. We have a team of experienced technicians ready to help you. Contact us online, or give us a call at (337) 564-3757.